Case StudyDonegal Connect - #LoveDonegal Day 2019
To connect with the Donegal Diaspora worldwide and promote County Donegal to a national and global audience as a place to visit, live, work, retire, run a business or invest.
To promote the Donegal Connect project’s 50+ events taking place from 27th Sept to 6th October 2019. The project had a limited advertising budget so creating an organic online campaign was a priority.
Inis Communications developed a PR and Marketing Strategy for Donegal Connect and has been working closely with them to deliver it. We included the proposal for #LoveDonegal Day on social media and led and co-ordinated the campaign:
- Creating a strategic plan in advance which targetted key influencers and agencies in advance.
- Pulling together a core team with the right social media skills and contacts
- Creating a well-designed and branded online toolkit, with support and feedback from the core team
- Using PR to promote #LoveDonegal to local media
- Using the Donegal Connect website and social media and working with the core team to promote #LoveDonegal day online
- Scheduling, posting, sharing, reacting and monitoring the response and trends on the day and
- Ensuring the right measurement tools were all in place and collating the key statistics and gains
The Results – #LoveDonegal Day
A staggering success: Trended No 1 in Ireland from 7am to 7pm on #LoveDonegal day. Trended No 1 in Belfast, No. 29 in UK and also trended briefly in US.
The campaign reached online audiences of 33m+, gained 290k+ Interactions, and a Buzz of over 10k
Secured media coverage worth over €35,500
Spread the Donegal Connect key messages to a national and global audience
The Results – Donegal Connect Campaign
Donegal Connect won the prestigious Fáilte Ireland-sponsored Best Tourism Initiative Award at the LAMA Awards 2020.
We engaged Inis Communications to work on the Donegal Connect project in 2019 – primarily on the PR and Marketing but also the overall project management. I found Trish an extremely positive person to work with, full of ideas and innovations and excellent on delivery and achieving results. The figures achieved online for the project through Trish were unbelievable.