Despite the benefits of social media, some days it can be difficult to find time to get any posting done. On the other hand, there are days when we spend more time than we can really afford Tweeting, Sharing and keeping up to date with our connections.
Here are 3 easy ways to be more productive with your social media time:
- Use your mobile: for Twitter in particular, you can have more than one business account on your phone and alternate between them speedily. If you link your Twitter up to Facebook, you can have a few quick posts done on both platforms before you’re even out of bed, by monitoring the morning’s fresh news as it comes in. If you see something that could hold until later, you can always paste it into your Hootsuite app and schedule it.
- Use Hootsuite: If you only have a limited time each day or week for posting, then schedule several posts, or several days posting together from Hootsuite. A few words of warning though: best to concentrate on your corporate stuff, including links to your blog or website for scheduled posts, but definitely avoid news or anything which could become stale overnight.
- Have a content map and use it: Don’t waste time thinking about what to say online. Take time to draw up a rough content map or list – a one-pager will do fine. This list or map should have a balance of:
Your key selling messages,
- Ways to share your expertise (such as a link to your blog or longer Facebook posts with your top tips), and
- Other news such as local or industry stories which you want to share with your audience.
- Don’t forget to throw in the odd quirky story…